Back to Shop

William and Eve Simmonds

William Simmonds with his puppets, 1920s.

William and Eve Simmonds made a reality of William Morris’s belief that art could be the visible expression of an individual’s delight in work and the natural world. They moved to Far Oakridge in 1919. William was a woodcarver, Eve an embroiderer, and together they ran a puppet theatre. The Wilson holds a number of examples of their work.

Back to top

Donating to the Cheltenham Trust will support future art, culture and sport activity and much more…

Donate now