The Friends Gallery
Our gallery dedicated to our fine art collection
The Friends Gallery, our gallery dedicated to the fine art collections at The Wilson, has two displays running alongside each other.
A new display of works from our founding collection, the gift of the Baron de Ferrieres in 1898, which formed the first displays of the art gallery when it opened in 1899 opens on Saturday 1 December. Complementing this display of 17th century Dutch art are items from our 20th century collections looking at the same themes of portraiture, still life and genre scenes.
The second display centres on Exterior Scenes from the Baron de Ferrieres collection, and is complemented by 20th century landscapes.