Learning Volunteer (Community Outreach)
Join in our vibrant volunteer programme as an Learning Volunteer (Community Outreach), leading reminiscence sessions with older people in care homes and social groups.
Location Off site, throughout Gloucestershire
Hours Flexible; ad hoc
Description of Role Learning Volunteers (Community Outreach) will be responsible for:
- Transporting materials independently to and from The Wilson’s object handling collection storage to the relevant location
- Setting up reminiscence activities, including materials, handling objects, tables and chairs
- Confidently delivering reminiscence sessions with older people to prompt and facilitate discussion, memory recall, and object handling, including images and objects covering subjects such as “Childhood”, “Seaside”, “Kitchen” and “In the home”
- Facilitating group discussion and encouraging participation
- Assisting with the organisation and development of reminiscence sessions and resources, where applicable
- Ensuring activities are high quality and delivered in a professional way
- Tidying up materials and equipment at the end of the session
- Working together with Cheltenham Trust staff, volunteers, members of the public, and other stakeholders in a respectful, supportive and inclusive manner
To learn more about volunteering at The Wilson and to register your interest in this role, complete the Apply to Volunteer form on our Volunteer page.