Operations Volunteer (Gallery Steward)
Join in our vibrant volunteer programme as an Operations Volunteer (Gallery Steward), supporting the Operations Team to steward the art galleries and museum and perform other operations activities, as needed, to ensure the safe and enjoyable experience of visitors and the security of the exhibits.
Location The Wilson, Cheltenham Art Gallery & Museum
Hours One morning or afternoon per fortnight or more regularly if desired
Description of Role The Operations Volunteer (Gallery Steward) will be responsible for:
- Welcoming visitors to the galleries and checking tickets during ticketed exhibitions
- Invigilating exhibitions and monitoring artworks in the galleries
- Engaging with visitors to the galleries regarding the exhibitions and collections
- Answering visitor questions
- Acting as a representative of The Wilson in the galleries
- Performing other Operations activities, as needed
- Working together with Cheltenham Trust staff, volunteers, members of the public, and other stakeholders in a respectful, supportive and inclusive manner
To learn more about volunteering at The Wilson and to register your interest in this role, complete the Apply to Volunteer form on our Volunteer page.